Click to resize the text + -
State of Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects


The Board   |   Licensing/Practice   |   Continuing Education   |   Licensee Seal   |   

Contact Information   |   Emeritus   |   Remediation/Enforcement   |   Complaints   |

Certificates of Authorization (COA)   |   Temporary Permits   |   Titles


I am a Professional Structural Engineer - Can I use the “PE” title after my name? Or do I use “SE”?

If you are licensed as a Professional Structural Engineer, you may use the title designation 'PE', 'SE' or both after your name.

What is an ‘intern architect’ versus a ‘design professional’ or ‘architectural associate’?

The terms design professional and architectural associate are titles created and supported by the American Institute of Architects, but are not recognized by the Nebraska Board.

The title Intern Architect is a protected title in Nebraska and may be used only by individuals who have enrolled in Architectural Experience Program (AXP) and hold a degree from a NAAB-accredited program is ‘Intern Architect,’ per Neb. Rev. Stat. § 81-3416.01 of The Nebraska Engineers and Architects Regulation Act.

The title Architect is a protected title in Nebraska and may only be used by those individuals licensed by the Board to practice architecture, per Neb. Rev. Stat. §81-3404 and 81-3442(1)(c).


If you have any questions or FAQs suggestions to add, please contact us.