Renew Your License
License renewals are valid for a period of two years. In October of each biennium year, renewal notifications are sent to licensees. Renewal forms, along with applicable fees, must be submitted no later than 11:59 CT on December 31 to avoid a late payment fee.
- Online renewal will be available for licensees with last names beginning with letters L through Z in October 2020.
- If you prefer not to renew online, please contact our staff for a paper renewal form.
- If you are having issues renewing online - contact the Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects staff at (402) 471-2021 or email@example.com
- Certificates of Authorization cannot renew online
If you receive an audit notice after you submit your renewal application, your license will not be renewed until your audit is complete. To submit your records, please email two PDFs: one with your logs and the other with your attendance verifications in the same order as they appear on the log. Forward your audit documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, you can call (402) 471-2021.
Licensees with last names beginning with A through K will have their license expire in odd-numbered years (ex: 2019, 2021). Those with last names beginning with letters L through Z will have their license expire at the end of each even-numbered year (ex: 2020, 2022).
How to Renew a License
- If you requested a paper renewal form, complete and make any changes on the form before December 31 and mail it to the Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects with the applicable fee.
- To renew your license online, click here. You may also elect to obtain emeritus status (one-time $25 fee).
- A Renewal Card and/or receipt information can be printed after renewing online. If you are renewing by paper form, a receipt will be mailed once your payment has been received and if you have not been selected for an audit.
- A license may be renewed within one year of the date of expiration with an additional late payment penalty
(Architect Fee Schedule / Engineer Fee Schedule).
- If you are relinquishing your license and wish to obtain emeritus status, mark the "Change to Emeritus Status" box on the form and enclose $25. If approved by the Board, you will receive Board publications but will no longer be licensed to practice.
Please note: If you are coming to the NBEA office to pay a renewal fee - you must have a check or exact cash. The NBEA office does not accept card payments.
If you have any questions about the renewal of your license, please contact us.