Click to resize the text + -
State of Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects




How do I change my status to emeritus?

You can elect Emeritus status during the license renewal process or contact the office to request a Change of Status form. There is a one-time fee of $25 dollars. You would then be considered an Architect Emeritus or Professional Engineer Emeritus. 

Emeritus members are not allowed to practice architecture or engineering in the state of Nebraska.

To learn more about the Emeritus title, visit Board Rule 1.11.4

Do I need to renew my Emeritus status?

No, Emeritus status does not need to be renewed.

Prior to April 27, 2019, Emeritus status needed to be renewed annually. The 2019 changes to the Board Rules removed the renewal requirement.

To learn more about the Emeritus title, visit Board Rule 1.11.4

If I am an emeritus, and want to reinstate my license - what do I need to do?

1. Fill out the application, pay all applicable fees, sign the reinstatement affidavit

2. Show documentation of two years of continuing education

3. Pass the Nebraska exam (the exam will be sent to you)


After the above steps have been completed, your application will be sent to the Board for approval. The Board meets every month excluding July and November. 



If you have suggested FAQ's to add to our website, please contact us.