Click to resize the text + -
State of Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects

Architecture Education

NCARB Architecture Education | 

Architecture Experience | Architecture Examination | Further Architecture Questions

Architecture Education

How do I know I have a degree from an accredited architectural program?

To confirm if your degree is NAAB-accredited, click here

To confirm if your degree is CACB-accredited, click here

What is NAAB-accreditation?

NAAB-accreditation is a rigorous review conducted by the National Architectural Accrediting Board to determine if an educational program meets defined standards of quality. Please note that NAAB-accreditation occurs at the program level, not at the university or college level.

To confirm whether your degree has met NAAB-accreditation standards, click here

What is CACB-accredited degree?

Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) program receives its authority from the Canadian Architectural Licensing Authorities (CALA) and the Canadian Council of University Schools of Architecture (CCUSA). It certifies educational qualifications and professional programs at Canadian universities for individual architectural graduates. 

In Canada, there are 11 university schools of architecture that have been granted by CACB accreditation for their professional programs. To search for CACB-accredited programs, please click here.

Is a Master's degree required to obtain a license?

Not necessarily. A NAAB-accredited degree is required in Nebraska. At the University of Nebraska – Lincoln, the Masters of Architecture is an accredited program. However, there are some bachelor’s programs that are NAAB-accredited at other higher education institutions.


If you have any questions or FAQs suggestions to add, please contact us.