Click to resize the text + -
State of Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects

Engineer-Initial Licensure

FE   |   Engineer Intern   |   Experience   |   PE/SE

The requirements for initial licensure as a professional engineer in Nebraska are:

  1. A degree from an EAC/ABET-accredited engineering program, or meeting the NCEES Engineering Education Standard;
  2. Passage of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) and the Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exams;
  3. Four years of progressive engineering experience after a four-year engineering program or equivalent; and
  4. Passage of an exam on the Nebraska E&A Act and Board's Rules and Regulations.


Educational Debt Reimbursement Request

Nebraska engineering students/graduates who pass the FE exam in Nebraska on their first attempt may qualify for a $50 reimbursement from the Board. The individual must have graduated from an EAC/ABET-accredited engineering program in Nebraska within nine months of passing the exam and have qualifying educational debt. Qualifying educational debt is defined as government and commercial loans obtained by the student for postsecondary education tuition, other educational expenses, and reasonable living expenses, as determined by the Board. To request your reimbursement, you will need to complete the Engineering Education Reimbursement Request form and submit it along with official proof of graduation within one year of graduation.


 Engineer Intern Enrollment Application

 PE Exam Application

NCEES Exam Information

ABET Accredited Program Search

NCEES Credentials Evaluations

NCEES Study Materials

University of Nebraska’s College of Engineering