NOTICE OF RULEMAKING HEARING
STATE OF NEBRASKA BOARD OF ENGINEERS AND ARCHITECTS
NOTICE is hereby given that the Board of Engineers and Architects will hold a rulemaking hearing on the 11th day of December 2020, commencing at 8:30 a.m., to be held at the Lincoln Community Foundation Building, 215 Centennial Mall South, 5th Floor, large conference room.
The PURPOSE of the hearing is to take testimony and evidence about adoption, amendments, and additions to Title 110, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, and 10. This action is proposed to implement Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 81-3401 to 81-3455, consistent with the authority granted by the law and with constitutionality. The subject matter and scope of rulemaking action are as follows:
The Board of Engineers and Architects is implementing changes to its regulations primarily to implement the passage of LB755, which becomes effective November 14, 2020. The main topics to be considered through these proposals include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Allowing candidates for a professional engineer license to take the Principles and Practice of Engineering Exam before gaining four years of experience;
- Removing provisions that architect license candidates must take the professional architectural examinations after graduation from an architectural program accredited by the National Architectural Accreditation Board;
- Allowing architect candidates the ability to take professional architectural examinations without Board approval; and
- Recognizing a degree from a program accredited by the Canadian engineering and architecture accreditation boards satisfies the education requirements for licensure in Nebraska;
- Clarifies provisions relating to temporary permits; and
- Clarifies provisions that describe when projects are exempt from the Act.
This hearing is being conducted under the provisions of Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-907 which provides that Draft copies of the proposed rules are available for public examination at the Board of Engineers and Architects and at the Office of the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Lincoln, NE 68508. The draft copy of the proposed rules and a clean draft are also available on the Board of Engineers and Architects website at ea.nebraska.gov.
There is expected to be no fiscal impact from amending these regulations on political subdivisions and the Board of Engineers and Architects. There is expected to be increased costs to the regulated public and license applicants, as determined to implement LB755.
All interested persons are invited to ATTEND and TESTIFY orally or by written submission at the hearing. Interested persons may also submit written comments prior to the hearing, which will be made part of the record at the time of hearing if received by the Board of Engineers and Architects by end of business day December 11, 2020. If auxiliary aids or reasonable accommodations are needed to participate at the hearing, please call (402) 471-2021 no later than ten days before the hearing. TDD users please call (800) 833-7352 and ask the relay operator to call us at (402) 471-2021.
DATED at Lincoln, Nebraska, this 31st day of October 2020.
Jon Wilbeck, Executive Director