NOTICE OF RULEMAKING HEARING
STATE OF NEBRASKA
BOARD OF ENGINEERS AND ARCHITECTS
NOTICE is hereby given that the Board of Engineers and Architects will hold a rulemaking hearing on the 7th day of December 2018, commencing at 8:30 a.m., to be held at the Lincoln Community Foundation Building, 215 Centennial Mall South, 5th Floor, large conference room.
The PURPOSE of the hearing is to take testimony and evidence about adoption, amendments, and additions to Title 110, Chapters 1 through 11. This action is proposed to implement Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 81-3401 to 81-3455, consistent with the authority granted by the law and with constitutionality. The subject matter and scope of rulemaking action are as follows:
The Board of Engineers and Architects is reorganizing, amending for clarification, and adopting new rules reflecting current board policy. The main topics to be considered through these proposals include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Precise language for the use of an emeritus title;
- Removal of the annual renewal requirement for Architect Emeritus or Professional Engineer Emeritus;
- Clarifying when individuals who have met the NCEES Education Standard may sit for the PE Exam;
- Revisions to exam eligibility and retake procedures to accommodate for computer-based testing of NCEES exams;
- Updates to the Code of Conduct;
- Clarifying that the Board may charge fees on a ‘tiered’ schedule for companies that require a certificate of authorization to practice architecture or engineering; and
- Updates to continuing education (CE) provisions and procedures, including further clarification on acceptable CE activities.
This hearing is being conducted under the provisions of Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-907 which provides that Draft copies of the proposed rules are available for public examination at the Board of Engineers and Architects and at the Office of the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Lincoln, NE 68508. The Legislative Copy of the proposed rules and a Clean Copy are also available on the Board of Engineers and Architects website at ea.nebraska.gov.
There is no expected fiscal impact from amending these regulations on state agencies, political subdivisions, or persons regulated.
All interested persons are invited to ATTEND and TESTIFY orally or by written submission at the hearing. Interested persons may also submit written comments prior to the hearing which will be made part of the record at the time of hearing if received by the Board of Engineers and Architects by end of business day December 6, 2018. If auxiliary aids or reasonable accommodations are needed to participate at the hearing, please call (402) 471-2021 no later than ten days before the hearing. TDD users please call (800) 833-7352 and ask the relay operator to call us at (402) 471-2021.
DATED at Lincoln, Nebraska, this 25th day of September 2018.
Jon Wilbeck, Executive Director